Coping with Heartburn & Reflux
If you are one of the millions of people who suffer from heartburn, the most common symptom of reflux, there are things you can do to improve your health and enhance the quality of your life. Download the flyer here with recommendations.
1. Avoid spicy, acidic, tomato-based, or fatty foods like chocolate, citrus fruits, and fruit juices.
2.Limit your intake of coffee, tea, alcohol, and colas
3. Watch your weight. Being overweight increases intra-abdominal pressure, which can aggravate reflux.
4. Don’t gorge yourself at mealtime. Eat moderate amounts of food.
5. Don’t exercise too soon after eating.
6. Avoid bedtime snacks and eat meals at least 3 to 4 hours before lying down.
7. Stop (or at lease cut down on) smoking.
8. Elevate the head of your bed with blocks.